Nisreen Snober Mousa, Arab lawyer in Texas

Nisreen Snober Mousa

I am an immigration attorney who has been practicing for over 19 years. As an immigrant myself who speaks fluent Arabic, I am very passionate in serv

  • Immigration Law
Mehdi Cherkaoui, Arab attorney in Texas

Mehdi Cherkaoui

  • Personal Injury
  • Car Accident
  • Immigration Law
  • Business Litigation
  • Divorce

Razan Hamideh

Khalid Hamideh is a founding partner of The Law Offices of Khalid Y. Hamideh. He graduated Southern Methodist University (SMU) in 1984 and SMU Law Sch

  • Corporate Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Wills and Living Wills
  • Mediation

Waled Elsaban

Waled Elsaban is Managing Partner of the Elsaban Law Firm PLLC. Though he regularly handles employment-based matters, his practice primarily focuses o

  • Immigration Law
  • US Citizenship
  • Asylum

Dina Ibrahim

Dina Ibrahim specializes in Immigration Law including deportation defense, family based immigration, and investment based immigration. In 2016, Ms. Ib

  • Immigration Law
  • EB5 Investment Visa

Talk to an

Arab Lawyer in Texas

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Arab attorneys in Texas who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

How do you get an uncontested divorce in Houston?

My wife and I are separating and we don’t own much together. We have a jointly titled house and that’s about it. We don’t have kids. Our finances are in bad shape and we are in the process of going through a bankruptcy. That should clear up most of our debt and allow us to just move on with our lives. I’ve been told an uncontested divorce is much cheaper and we don’t have to drag each other through the mud. But I’ve also been told the bankruptcy could hold up the divorce. What are the requirements to get an uncontested divorce in Houston, and what are the possible options for getting rid of our joint house?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

Can I get back overpayments to the child support office?

I was paying child support to my kids’ mother when she passed away recently. The kids came to live with me immediately. The child support was being taken out of my pay, so several payments were made to the child support office after the kids were living with me. Is there any way for me to recoup this money? Suddenly having my kids move in with me has been expensive and I could really use the extra funds to get them what they need for my house and get them settled.
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0

Can I keep a monetary gift to me from becoming marital property?

My wife and I are having marital problems and while we are working on the relationship, I have doubt whether we’ll stay married. My aunt is not in good health and wants to give me money and two parcels of property now, rather than waiting to leave it to me when she passes. I did some research and know that Texas is a community property state. I’m concerned that if my aunt gives me the gift now, while my wife and I are still married and living together, it will become joint property and my wife will get part of it if we divorce. What needs to be done to make sure that anything my aunt gives me remains my separate property? Should she just leave it to me in her Will to make sure it goes only to me?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0